Looking for an easy, quick and delicious snack? Try these raw chocolate bites! They take about a half hour to make and they can last weeks (though they’ll probably disappear quicker than that). They’re perfect for lunches, dinners and even breakfasts, if, like me, you like something sweet in the morning. And vegans, don’t be scared off. Just switch out the chocolate chips for vegan chocolate or stick to the cocoa powder and this recipe is safe for you.
Makes about one dozen
1 1/2 cups raw walnut halves
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 cup soft dates, pitted
1 tablespoon water
For coating (optional)
Additional cocoa powder
Chocolate chips (to be melted)
- In a food processor, or by hand, grind up walnuts until fine.
- Add in cocoa powder, vanilla extract water, salt and dates and grind/mix until uniform dough is created.
- Roll dough into small, bite-sized balls.
- If desired, roll in melted chocolate or cocoa powder and add walnut pieces for decoration.
- Freeze overnight or until ready to serve.