A pasta so simple to make, even I can do it! Is vegetarian, can be made vegan. Is spicy, adjust to preferences.
- 16 ounces linguine
- (1) 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- (1) 8 oz container vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 large (or two small) red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 sprigs cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup Sour cream, Full-Fat Greek yogurt or vegan alternative (optional, makes it creamy and cuts the spice a little)
- Limes (optional)
- Parmesan cheese or vegan equivalent (optional)
- Slice garlic, onion and peppers thinly.
- Boil ingredients in a large (preferably heavy bottomed) pot or high heat , stirring frequently for 11 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow liquid to be absorbed into the pasta for a few minutes, then serve immediately.
- Optional: Season to taste with salt & pepper, garnish with cilantro. If not vegan serve with sour cream or greek yogurt and parmesan cheese.
Can last in the fridge for a few days but is best served fresh