Total time: 35 mins
For 3 servings
1 cups of quinoa, rinsed
6 cups water
Halved red pepper, cut into ¼ inch cubes
Halved orange pepper, cut into ¼ inch cubes
6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 bunch Italian parsley leaves, fine chopped
2 spoons lemon juice
2 spoons balsamic vinegar
0.5 cup olive oil
1 table spoon Pesto alla Genovese
1 table spoon salt
1 table spoon black pepper
- High heat until water boiling in a large saucepan.
- Add the quinoa, stir around, and boil it.
- Remove the cover, lower the heat to medium and continue cooking for 15 mins.
- Strain and rinse the quinoa with cold water. Use a sieve to shake it in order to remove all the moisture and extra water.
- Prepare sliced cherry tomatoes, cubed peppers, and chopped parsley in another bowl, mix them well.
- When the quinoa gets dry and cold, transfer it into a large bowl, add the veggies, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, pesto, salt and pepper and mix them well.
Quinoa has a great amount of dietary fiber and minerals . Quinoa salad is one kind of well-known green and healthy food. It also helps to prevent heart disease by reducing high blood pressure and diabetes. It is not only simple and quick to make, but also taste good. Try the recipe and enjoy it !