These cookies are fast and easy to make, and are a delicious treat! They are easiest to make in a food processor, but you can also mash up the banana and then whisk the ingredients together in a bowl.
Makes about 3 dozen
- 1/3 cups of margarine
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1.25 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Process margarine, sugars, egg, and vanilla for 2 minutes, scraping down sides of the bowl as necessary.
- While the machine is running, drop in the banana and process until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and process until the flour disappears, using quick on/off turns.
- The dough should be very soft, like a thick cake batter. Mix the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Drop teaspoon sized scoops of the batter onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 400oF for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden.
The cookie dough is so delicious that you may be tempted to lick the bowl clean!